LinkedLearners

Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Currently


One way I can get some more posts in and practice getting this blog to come alive is to participate in some of the wonderful linky parties out there. So tonight I am linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade for the January Currently.

I am so in vacation mode. I return Monday, but the students won't come back until Wednesday...way to ease back in.




Listening...
I always seem to have the television going. Just background noise. I did just turn the channel. I also always have at least one cat of the two beside me...sleeping and purring.
Tonight is her turn....

 
 
Loving...
I am loving having some extra time with my daughter and grandson. She is a teacher too, so I'm loving seeing them together as well. This week we went to the park.


 
Thinking....
I am trying to remember the changes I wanted to make when I left the classroom almost two weeks ago. Actually, those thoughts came the week before that, since the last week was pure chaos and fun! I should have written things down though, it all feels so distant now. Here is part of the fun we had...pajama day!


 
Wanting...
I want to feel ready to go. I want to feel like I have accomplished what I needed to before heading out on Monday. One can hope, right?
 
 
Needing....
I never feel like I have enough time. Not in a day. Not in a vacation. Not in a weekend. Not in a school day. I need more time. I have so much I want to accomplish. I want to blog more, create awesome lessons, pray, study, do things for others, etc. etc. etc. But do you know how long it took me just to do this one post? How do you all do all that you do?
 
Tradition...
When I married my hubby a new tradition was adopted. The Twilight Zone marathon for New Year's Eve and day. He had to go to work today, so I DVRed a couple of his faves. Do you have a favorite?
 
So, that is my January Currently...my first I'll have you know. New Year, new experiences!
 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Currently party! And I can totally relate with needing time. There's so much to do and never enough time to do them all!! :)

    Pam
    Diary of a Second Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson looks like a cutie! I agree... never enough time in a day!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie!! I can honestly say I've never heard of the Twilight Zone! But it must be good if you rewatch it every year! All the best for the rest of your school year!

    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched a few of the Twilight Zone episodes too. My favorite is Monsters on Main Street. Your grandson is just adorable! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete

I would love and appreciate hearing from you!