LinkedLearners

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Oh the Learning that Will Occur

Tomorrow begins another 180 days of teaching. It is my 18th classroom of students. I am excited about the possibilities that can happen. My mind is busy and my hopes and dreams are BIG! I want to accomplish so much this year. So, before I rest I want to capture these goals here. I can't wait to come back tomorrow and share all about day one!


Goal 1: I want this class connected! I want our connections to help us learn things that are not possible in our room or within our school. I want them to see and hear perspectives from  young minds across the globe.

Goal 2: I want our classroom to belong to all of us. I want students to have voice and choice. I want them to have multiple ways to share their learning with others. I want a community of learners who love to collaborate, listen to one another, respectfully communicate, and understand each of us is unique.

Goal 3: I want my students to explore their passions through research and share about them through creative means.

Goal 4: I want my students to be thinkers. I want them to be okay to persevere and struggle a bit and feel comfortable when they make a mistake. I want them to have a true understanding that each of them are different, and I want them to be involved in personal learning.

Goal 5: I want to motivate, encourage and inspire students to love learning! I want them engaged in the process all through the day.

Goal 6: I want to connect their learning to real world application. I want them to hear from, work with and gain an understanding of real people in real situations.

Goal 7; I want school to be fun. I want them excited to come back every day. I want them excited to share at home.

Goal 8: I want to be connected with parents. I want to foster strong relationships between all involved in the student's learning.

Goal 9: I want to teach standards, not curriculum.

Goal 10: I want to learn beside my students.

Here's to a year of excellence!


1 comment:

  1. I love your excitement for your year to come, your students are lucky!

    I really connected with Goal 4, this is something I have been working on in my teaching for the past year. I want to allow my students to struggle,change their opinion and work hard throughout the whole process. One of my favorite moments from last year was when one student complimented another student "for working hard and persevering".

    Good luck tomorrow, I look forward to reading about your year here.

    Alicia

    connectcapturecreate.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love and appreciate hearing from you!