LinkedLearners

Monday, August 26, 2013

SLANT BOX

Mondays are Mondays, no matter what! But my Monday was fantastic! Things went so well at school...even though my intern was sick and couldn't be there, I had a meeting during planning, and it was MONDAY!

However, today during independent reading, we made it to almost 10 minutes for stamina building. I am tough on them too!! My beanie babies are working wonders...Stick with It Stork has done his job well...as well as Ollie Octopus who is getting them to spend some thinking about their thinking. Wow, has that thinking grown!! The first few days they were naming limited things they saw and now they are wondering, using schema, inferring (they don't know it, but I do) and I love watching their engagement grow!

In writing, we spent some time with playdoh and compared writers to sculptors as I introduced the writing process.

In math, I did my first day of small groups and centers. One of my students said, "Wow, that went fast! We only played today!" Score for the teacher, she has no idea how much learning occurred!

Then, to top it all off, I came home to a package on the front porch! My August Slantbox had arrived from Amanda! She did such a good job bringing a smile to my face, she really paid attention to who I am and what is important to me.


She included color pens because of my love for writing, as well as a colorful composition book. The cutest little tissues. Another colorful framed art of words, and I LOVE it. Such beautiful words. Some chocolate..yes, who doesn't love chocolate! The cutest little owl card with a personal note to me. The homemade gift was a bookmark with the colors for breastcancer, knowing my dear daughter in law is in the midst of a battle! Thank you so very much Amanda. The colors, the messages, the noticing of my favorite things, I couldn't be happier!

So, you would think this day could not be better...well I sent my box to Colleen and Stacy and it seems it arrived on a perfect day. Their response also just made me smile bigger today!

I have already signed up for the September Slant Box....you should too! Sign up here:
The SLANT Box Exchange

Please follow these lovely ladies on their blogs!




 

5 comments:

  1. The owl card is adorably cute! You're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun this month! Thanks again, Terry.

    Stacy
    The Rungs of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!
    I am so glad that you enjoyed your SLANT box gifts. I have really enjoyed getting to know you Terry. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you had so much fun! I am also glad to see that you signed up for September!

    P.s I love it when kids think math is "playing" You know you got them then!

    Jameson
    Lessons With Coffee 

    ReplyDelete

I would love and appreciate hearing from you!