LinkedLearners

Friday, September 13, 2013

This Is the Linky for Me

I have been searching for a linky party to join in on, hoping to get more followers. After all, who wants to write and share if you have no readers!
So today I am linking up with
I {Heart} Recess


She is doing the perfect party for me...the Budding Bloggers Linky. That is me for sure!

If you want to link up...just do a post, include the image above and answer the following questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I created a page last year as I was moving from 1st to 5th. I knew I was in for an adventure and planned to write about that journey. If you look at my posts you will see that didn't work out too well. I posted once!
So, I am back in first grade and trying to revive this blog. I love the community of teachers and have always been drawn to he internet world of teachers in many ways over the years. Blogging for sure is a community of its own. So...I hope to join in. I love to share and collect and learn together. 
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
I love teaching all subjects, and wouldn't give up any. But I am most comfortable in the area of literacy. I will always be learning and growing in all areas, but this is the area I feel I've always felt my strength in . 
3. Describe your teaching style.
I am all about stretching the student, giving high expectations and getting them to think. I do not like spoon feeding, I want them to explore, struggle a little and discover. I don't like worksheets and workbooks. I LOVE to motivate, encourage and support them. I believe they all can learn and move forward. I enjoy finding their strengths, and their weaknesses and using those to move them forward. 
4. Give three interesting facts about you.
I have taught grades 1-5 and looped from 2nd to 3rd for ten years and that remains my favorite. Looping creates a bond with your students like no other. 
I am a grandmother to 7.

I have my Masters in Reading and National Board Certified in Literacy. 
5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
No...I haven't figured a lot of this stuff out yet. I felt pretty tech savvy until I started blogging and look at TpT stuff! 

Thanks so much for this linky party...I can use some followers and some help becoming better at all this!

Here is a peek at my class:



6 comments:

  1. Hi Terry! I always read every word of your posts - and love them!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thank you so much! I appreciate all my readers!

      Delete
  2. I am now following you too! I like that two newbies are helping each other out!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too. Thanks for following me! I hope I can become much more active.

      Delete
  3. Hi Terry!

    Your classroom is so cute...I just love the cute little chairs! I just found your blog through the Buddy Blog linky and am your newest follower. Make sure to check out my blog if you get a chance. I'm doing a giveaway this week!
    Melissa Cloud
    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and thanks for following. I am coming by, and I am sure you will find a new follower on the list. The chairs can be found in the camping section at Walmart, I have had them for years, very sturdy!

      Delete

I would love and appreciate hearing from you!